As many of you know I am the room mom for Kelsey's preschool class. This morning we had the opportunity to make the "feathers" for their Indian Headresses (okay not PC but come-on they are in preschool!) for their class "Thanksgiving Feast Party". Each feather was made from colorful construction paper. Talk about tedious! Kelsey had soooo much fun working on the headresses. She loves that I am the room mom and I love it too. For their Thanksfiving feast each child gets to bring in their favorite food to share with the class. I asked Kelsey what she wanted to bring in and she said, "Roast Beef!". I laughed and said not everyone may like roast beef. She then decided that Spaghetti was an even better idea. So thats what we are doing! I don't know how many people want spaghetti at 10 AM, but I am happy to make it if thats what she wants. Here are some pictures of us making the feathers.
Maya loves reading as most two year olds do. We read books all day long. Kelsey has been reading a new series of books in preschool called Sight Word Readers. It focuses on recognizing words that are commonly used in books and life around us. Words such as like, look, me, you, that, etc. The books are about 6 pages so Kelsey is able to follow along and actually memorize the books and the words! She LOVES to read the books to Maya when she has memorized them. Maya loves that Kelsey is reading to her. It is so sweet to watch the girls enjoying spending quality time together. Here are some pictures of Kelsey reading Maya this weeks book "That is Funny".
No comments:
Post a Comment