As many of you know, my Christmas vacation has been plagued with sick children. Kelsey had the flu the first half of Christmas break and Maya had it the second half. Luckily there was a 3 day window during Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after that allowed us to have fun in Richfield!! Other than those handful of days, we were home SICK!!! Normally our days are filled with school, work, activities and other commitments. We are a busy family and seem to be going nonstop. So one would assume that 2 weeks inside with sick kids would make me go crazy...however just the opposite occurred. Today, while playing UNO Attack with my family, I was struck with a sad feeling. I realized Christmas break was over tomorrow. Monday starts school, work, dance, scouts and all the other things that crowd our week. Tomorrow life returns to normal. I have thoroughly enjoyed my husband and children's company over the past 2 weeks. We have played games, watched movies, colored endless pictures and played with countless barbies. It has been 2 weeks of uninterrupted family time and I could not have asked for a better Christmas gift. This holiday season I was blessed with the gift of family and I am so grateful for them!!!
1 comment:
That's sweet. I, on the other hand, can't wait for kids to go back to school. I won't enjoy the homework - but I have had enough of them.
Post a Comment