
As many of you may know Adam has been triathlon training since October. Well today was the day he put all of his training to the test! The first triathlon date finally arrived!! Adam was originally doing this triathlon with his brother Jeremy and sister Heidi (whom both run marathons and are in excellent shape). However last week Jeremy got into a horrible bike accident while training for the race and broke several bones, including 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and an entire list of other injuries. Thankfully he will make a full recovery, it is just going to take time and physical therapy. Needless to say he was not able to compete in the Tri this weekend :-( We were all so sad about it; Adam and Heidi decided to mark themselves with his initials, J H C, to dedicate this race to him!!

The race was at Jordanelle Resevior, which is very close to Park City. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! This is definitely one of the most gorgeous lakes I have ever been to!
I was sooooo nervous for the swim! In a Triathlon Jeremy did last year a racer drown during the swim course. I was so anxious for Adam to get OUT of the water!!! When he emerged from the lake I was overjoyed!!! He looked a bit tired, but that is to be expected after swimming 1/2 a mile!


Biking is by far Adam's strongest event. He loves to bike and passed 30 other racers on the bike course! Go Adam!! The bike leg was 13 miles.


And finally the 3.1 mile run to Finish the race. When he crossed the finish line I was so emotional. He set this goal of doing a triathlon last October and he has worked dilligently every week to prepare himself for it. I was so proud to see him cross the finishline and accomplish his goal!!!



This is just the first Triathlon of the summer, he has 2 other Triathlons to compete in before fall. CONGRATULATIONS ADAM AND HEIDI!!!!!! We are so proud of you!! I cannot wait to see Adam compete again next month!! I love you Adam!!! You are MY triathlete ;-)
8 comments:
You are so proud - YEAH! So neat! I can't imagine being able to do that.
Way to go Adam! That is no easy feat, especially swimming in open water!
CONGRATULATIONS ADAM! That is so terrific and takes such a great committment! Way to go! I'd love the swimming and the biking portion...but could do with out the running part!
Wow! That's awesome! Go Adam and Heidi!!!
Tai that is so awesome!!! It is really emotional because your so proud of them for finishing a big thing like that!! That is so fun that he is did one!!! Congrats Adam! What an accomplishment!
Holy crap so awesome I wish I wanted to do that. ha ha!!! That is so amazing I am way impressed. Good work Adam!
Wow!!! Great job Adam!! We're impressed!!
Wow!!! Great job Adam!! We're impressed!!
Post a Comment