Okay there was no pun intended in that title. I realize I am black and I also have a thumb but that is not what I was refering too! As many of you know I have been quite the dedicated gardener the past several weeks. Planting flowers and bushes, laying sod at our home and planting our vegetable garden. Well when I got back from St George I was greeted with DEAD PLANTS!!!!! Apparently while I was basking in the sun, Saratoga Springs was having rain storms and wind storms. So windy it snapped all my lillies at the roots and my delphiniums as well! My rhodedendrums are just plain old DYING in from of my eyes and half of my vegatable garden is dead. I feel like crying! Weeks of work for nothing! Of course I can take the plants back to the store and get new ones (they all have 5 year warranties from the nursery I use) but I dont even want to bother! I am FINISHED WITH YARDWORK this year and next spring I am hiring PROFESSIONALS!!!!!! At our last house we planted everything ourselves and our yard was gorgeous!!! Apparently the soil at my new house does not like me or the plants I am choosing :-( I am soooooo sad!!!! On a brighter note, all of our sod and trees are doing wonderfully.
7 comments:
My hanging baskets were shredded by the wind. I know how you feel. Don't give up.
I totally get that. Your Black?
Oh my gosh I love the title still laughing!!! your a crack up! O.K. I am trying to remember all the things to comment about - first of all your ed hardy shirt - where did you get it? I need it! so sorry about all your plants that really sucks I know you worked so HARD! Happy Birthday to your dad and I am dying that they made that cake it looked so amazing! Way to go! Glad you had fun! Oh yea we need to take Kels and Kwinc to get pedicures they would be in pure heaven together!
That's funny because when I read the title I was thinking that you might of bruised it in some way and it turned black, too bad about your plants! Lets do lunch again that was fun!
I loved your post! Very funny. Hey I heard a nasty rumor that you are taking Kelsey to the VIBE...should I be worried???
Oh my I can't believe you can plant..plants on your own. Good for you. I wish I had that talent.
I am so sorry! I hate when you put so much effort into something and then it dies AHHHH!
Post a Comment