Well my very first baby, Kelsey, has lost her very first baby tooth today! She is so proud and feels like such a big girl. So while she is upstairs, with her tooth under her pillow dreaming of the tooth fairy, I sit here and think about how fast my sweet Kelsey is growing up. Somedays I look at her and can't believe how big she is! It seems like just yesterday she was a baby. At night I still go in her room and watch her sleep for a little while. Why is it that no matter how many tears, fits and fights you have during the day, when you watch your child sleep at night, they look absolutely angelic? Lately it seems that everyday is filled with school, wrestling, dance, parties and millions of other commitments. Days turn to weeks, which turn into months and before you know it your curly haired toddler is a big time 5 year old who is going to kindergarten. I had Kelsey when I was 21, so in a way I feel like we have grown up together. She has taught me so much about enjoying life. I love the way she gets excited over little things, like it being a sunny day or making pancakes in the morning. I love spending time with her, I truely enjoy her company. So today, instead of doing the 800 things on my to-do list, I spent all day hanging out with my kids. Today I enjoyed all the little things life has to offer, including making pancakes this morning :-) Kelsey I love you so much! It is an honor and a blessing to be your mother and I am grateful for you everyday!
Sidebar- This what Kelsey's hair looked like the day after her competition! She slept in it and played all day and her curls still held! She has the most amazing hair!
5 comments:
Wow I can't believe she lost her first tooth. Bryns asks me everyday when she will lose her first tooth. I know what you mean about time passing by and all of a sudden they are five. I love to watch them sleep too! Thanks yesterday was so fun!
Oh my goodness I cant believe she already lost a tooth!! So cute!!! I love her hair by the way!
Yeah Kelsey I am so proud of you!
Of all the things to say right now...I am so happy that you wrote the word 'sidebar'. Such a great word, and it's just not used enough. Great execution too!
You made me cry! Such precious memories and times spent with your kids. Don't ever forget these times - that's why we have a blog, it works like a journal!
Post a Comment